Ride Leader Responsibilities
1. Ride Sweep (last bike in group) or appoint someone in that capacity.
2. Assist riders in fixing flats and in repairing other mechanical problems.
3. Introduce new riders to the group.
4. Provide maps and route instructions, including local conditions.
5. Brief riders on established hand signals, proper ride etiquette and bicycle rules of the road.
6. Ensure that all riders are wearing helmets.
7. Start rides at the prescribed time.
8. Provide the official sign-up sheet to the NFBC Statistician as soon as possible and no later than two weeks from the date of the ride.
9. File an Incident Report with the Ride Director under the following circumstances:
a. A rider goes down, no matter the cause.
b. A road hazard exists on the route. This would include potholes, road construction, or any other hazard that presents a danger to riders.
c. An incident causing damage to property.